Can i repair a recording after BSOD

Hello! I am using audacity 3.0.2 and windows 10.
My computer frequently gets the Blue Screen of Death and i would like to know, that if it crashes in the middle of a recording can i recover the recording?
Thank you in advance.

Please don’t double post. Your submission has to be read by an elf before it becomes visible.

A Windows machine that blue screens repeatedly should not be used for audio production.

The only piece of the show still working would be the last time you saved a Backup Project in Audacity 3.0.2. Depending on what’s wrong with the machine, maybe not even that.

Koz

Thank you! Sorry for the double post i didn’t state the version of windows and audacity in the first one, that’s why i made another one.

Most likely a problem with one or more device driver. Not much else can trigger a BSOD these days.

Memory, drive issues, interconnection problems.

Did you write down all the information in those screens? They’re trying to tell you what’s wrong.

Windows used to have a method of starting “Clean” without all the other drivers and software add-ons. That lets you check the machine without software interference. Do they still do that?

~~

Yes. Windows Safe Mode.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Koz

I would expect autosave during recording would work every few seconds and give you a chance to recover most of the recording at the next startup.

I would expect autosave during recording would work every few seconds and give you a chance to recover most of the recording at the next startup.

Cool. What would the recovery look like? I’m not on Windows and we don’t know what cause the BSODs.

Koz