Record from Reaper (Piano VST + Yamaha Motif hardware) through Focusrite AI

Hello,

I created a Reaper project, which plays Garritan CFX piano simultaneously with a Yamaha Motif device (S90ES) through Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 AI. The audio output from S90ES is directly sent to the input jacks of Scarlett using special audio cords. With my headphones, connected to Scarlett, the mix of Garritan and Motif is heard very well.

The problem is in creating a WAV file. When I activate Audacity recording and play the Reaper project, Audacity does not hear anything.
In Audacity Preferences, there is no option for choosing Focusrite ASIO driver.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Andrew

there is no option for choosing Focusrite ASIO driver.

Probably because Audacity doesn’t speak ASIO. ASIO is paid license software and Audacity is free. You can recompile Audacity in a way that incorporates ASIO for your use only. Or at least you used to be able to do that.

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 3.20.53 AM.png
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/asio_audio_interface.html

And here…

Koz

Don’t use Audacity for this. Do it in Reaper.

1. Record the S90ES to an audio track.
  2. Check that the audio track is perfectly aligned with the virtual instrument track (adjust if necessary)
  3. Export / mix down

If you need further help with Reaper, they have a help forum here: REAPER Forums - Cockos Incorporated Forums

Thank you for the info!

Andrew

I think that doing it entirely in Reaper should be fairly straightforward. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.