New To Audacity And Need Help

I just purchased a turntable with a usb connection that allows me to import my record collection to Audacity. But the instruction manual is not for windows 10. The software I received supports windows me/2000/XP/ Vista/7. I think I need an update but when I go to the download page, I see no reference to update my software. The items I see listed I do not understand at all. When I try to work around the menu’s on the present software, none of them appear correct to what supposed to pop up. Do I need an update and which one?

Download the latest version (3.0.2) from [u]fosshub[/u].

If your turntable came with an instruction manual and Audacity both may be out-of-date. There are also out-of-date YouTube videos. These aren’t “official”. The Audacity team doesn’t make official videos. The user manual and help files that you get with the download ARE (usually) up-to-date. The user manual has lots of tutorials & FAQs and helpful information…sometimes so much that it’s hard to find what your looking for… :stuck_out_tongue:

Plug in the USB connection before starting Audacity. Select the USB device as your [u]Recording Device[/u] (and something else as your playback device :wink: ).

…Cross your fingers and click record!

[u]Tutorial - Copying tapes, LPs or MiniDiscs to CD[/u]

Thanks,
I saw at top of forum page there was an update and downloaded it. Then I went to the tutorials and saw that my manual was out of date and it
gave me the correct instructions to make a recording and send it to Itunes folder. Next I intend to make copies of all my vinyl records.
The records I have were discarded by a dumpster and may have some value as some were made in the 40’s and 50’s including the bands and recording artist’s. I say one thing about Äudacity, my eyes glased over when I first opened up the program.