Recording randomly stops

I’ve been using audacity to record for years and have been very happy with it. For the last few months though, I’ve been having troubles with it randomly stopping recording. Sometimes it will record fine. Other times, it will stop at a random time -anywhere from 10-20 minutes in. I have searched all of the online helps and tried what I could of those, but the problem has persisted. I am using a computer with Windows 10 and a Ryzen operating system. Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

What is it that you are recording?

I am recording sermons through a usb port to a soundboard.

If you haven’t customised Audacity, you could try resetting Audacity back to factory defaults and see if that fixes it.
The simplest way to do that is:
“Tools menu > Reset Configuration”

Note: “Reset Configuration” does not reset everything, but it resets most things. If does not affect any plug-ins or macros that you may have.
A detailed description is in the manual here: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/reset_configuration.html

I am having a similar problem. The program is showing (not responding) often. It has been doing this for about a week.

Is this happening only when recording (as in the original post)?
Are you using English Windows, or another language?
Which version of Audacity are you using?

(For future reference: It’s usually best to start a new topic for each new question. Even when there are similarities with a problem in another thread, the actual problem may well have a totally unrelated cause).

It is happening through all processes, I am using windows 10.

version 3.02

I am recording sermons through a usb port to a soundboard.

Maybe a bad USB cable or flaky connection?

If it’s a laptop try recording from the built-in microphone to see if that’s reliable. Or if it’s a desktop computer plug something into the soundcard.

:frowning: Computers are unreliable, especially if it’s not dedicated to recording. It might be a good idea to get a solid state recorder (with an analog line-level input) and run them both in parallel.