Records half of stereo signal

Help for Audacity on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
Pastiche
Operating System: Windows 10

Records half of stereo signal

Post by Pastiche » Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 am

I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

I am trying to record a stereo signal out of a Behringer QX1002USB mixer into Audacity (3.0.2) using the USB connection. I have a stereo signal at the mixer, but when recording, Audacity seems to 'double' the left hand channel to create the stereo recording. The right channel from the mix is lost.

I have also tried going from RCA line outs of the mixer through a Behringer UCA222 interface. There is a stereo signal at the interface, but again Audacity records a 'double' of the left-hand channel only. The right channel is lost.

I have also tried taking a stereo signal via RCA from a tape deck through the UCA222 interface. Same thing happens. Stereo signal at the interface but Audacity record a 'double' of the left-hand channel only.

I have tried combinations of MME, Windows DIRECT SOUND and Windows WASAPI with all devices in the drop-down but have the same issue.

Is this a driver issue?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thank you
Kevin Demmon

DVDdoug
Forum Crew
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Records half of stereo signal

Post by DVDdoug » Sat May 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Make sure Windows is set-up for stereo. There is some information here.

Trebor
Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Re: Records half of stereo signal

Post by Trebor » Sat May 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Pastiche wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 am
I am trying to record a stereo signal out of a Behringer QX1002USB mixer into Audacity (3.0.2) using the USB connection. I have a stereo signal at the mixer, but when recording, Audacity seems to 'double' the left hand channel to create the stereo recording. The right channel from the mix is lost ...
See ... https://youtu.be/59QY0WL3f64?t=17