I have windows 10 Pro

Help for Audacity on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
jaycarmine
Operating System: Windows 10

I have windows 10 Pro

Post by jaycarmine » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:32 am

I have windows 10 and the Audacity 3 I have saved bass tracks into export and wav format and they show up in documents. When i left click on the file I get "not supported error message" am I missing a step??

Ivalogic
Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Re: I have windows 10 Pro

Post by Ivalogic » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:27 am

You might need to clarify which type of WAV are you exporting to, there are different options; and which program is trying to play them when you left click on those files.

jademan
Forum Crew
Operating System: Please select

Re: I have windows 10 Pro

Post by jademan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:21 am

jaycarmine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:32 am
I have windows 10 and the Audacity 3 I have saved bass tracks into export and wav format and they show up in documents. When i left click on the file I get "not supported error message" am I missing a step??
Possibly. As Ivalogic suggests, It would help if you could provide all the steps and options you are currently using. Also,
Ivalogic wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:27 am
...which program is trying to play them when you left click on those files.
Perhaps you can right-click on the file, then Properties, then what is "Type of File:" and "Opens with:"