exporting as mp3

For some reason, I can’t get my audio to export as mp3
I record the audio from a show on Youtube and after it finishes, I stop it and click export as mp3. It shows the destination, it has the file name and save as mp3 files. I click the save and the next box coming up says edit tags and when I save that, nothing happens. What box should come up next after the first one and start the export. Sorry if I’m not explaining it clear enough. Thanks for your help.

I click the save and the next box coming up says edit tags and when I save that, nothing happens.

That just saves the metadata template. Usually that’s not necessary.

Click OK in the metadata editing box and the MP3 file should be created/saved.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that doesn’t work. From what I’ve read, it suppose to go through thd downloading process but it doesn’t happen. After I save it as a mp3, is the metadata template supposed to come up? No matter what I click on, it won’t export. Thanks.

After I save it as a mp3, is the metadata template supposed to come up?

The tag/metadata dialog shows-up BEFORE the file is created/saved because the metadata is embedded in the MP3.

But there is a checkbox in at the bottom of the metadata dialog that says. “Don’t show this when exporting audio”. I don’t know if that will help…

Thank you for your help.