Error Importing on 2.4.2 version

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
Billymj63
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Error Importing on 2.4.2 version

Post by Billymj63 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Thanks a lot for answering my questions. Appreciate it!

NicaKent
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by NicaKent » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:29 pm

steve wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:20 am
It doesn't matter so much now because the bug has been fixed, but normally you would use "Save" unless you wish to save the project with a different name or different location.
This bug has not been fixed. I updated Audacity to 2.4.2 yesterday since I was back to doing some work using it. I created a new project and used Save As to save it. I have a couple of programs that use a default name and location if I don't do that.

Yesterday, spent hours editing a project. Then closed it and went to bed. This morning, I recorded some quick audio projects before returning to work on yesterday's project.

All three projects will not open, and give the very same error as OP.

Looking at the file, it appears to be well-formed XML, with no obvious syntax errors.

Audacity Version: 2.4.2

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:58 pm

NicaKent wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:29 pm
This bug has not been fixed.
The bug I was referring to was 100% repeatable. Are you able to reproduce the problem? If so, please give precise steps to allow us to reproduce the issue.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)