Thanks for the help, especially Koz

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
Cynthia Moore
Operating System: Windows 10

Thanks for the help, especially Koz

Post by Cynthia Moore » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:01 pm

I just finished uploading my third YouTube video with recorded narrations. For the first 2, the narrations were done in 2 different recording studios. I did the third one in a home office using a Samson mic and my laptop. I can't tell any difference between the one I did myself and the ones done in the recording studios.

For that, I have Audacity and this forum to thank -- especially Koz who helped me set up a recording environment and use Audacity.

I will be making a donation as soon as I can figure out how to do it anonymously. Any tips?

I am happy to post a link to the YouTube playlist so others can compare studio recording with home recording. Before I do that, I wanted to inquire as to whether external links like that are permitted here. I should add that the videos are part of a Get Out The Vote effort and are satirical in nature.

Either way, a big Thank You to Audacity, this board, and Koz.