Very interrupting, annoying ticking/popping sound.

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
S15
Operating System: Windows 10

Very interrupting, annoying ticking/popping sound.

Post by S15 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Hello Audacity,

Since two days ago i can't make songs anymore with Audacity, everytime i record these incredebly irritating ticks/pops join in. When i record i hear it just random here and there, and when i listen the recording back here and there, sometimes alot sometimes like just a couple times randomly over the audio.

I use Windows 10 and i use Audacity version 2.4.2, two days ago also my laptop updated, so it had to restart etcetera and was updating for a half til 2 hours, i believe then after it was updated when i used Audacity to continue with my music it started i had these annoying pops and sometimes even the whole audio, including the beat just sounds terrible out of nowhere for a couple seconds. It is very frustrating because its keeping me from making music what i am doing nowadays everyday because i want to do music for a living in the future but like this im not making progress. So i really hope you can help me.

Also i test recorded on other music programms aswell but there was no problem with the sound, no popping, ticking or that the audio suddenly sounded very bad, i just don't understand how other music programms work and i really find audacity comfortable so thats why i only use Audacity and i really rely on it, this just is very negative for me and i have tried to find ways to find out the problem but i haven't had any success.

For example i have reinstalled audacity and made sure the preferences were reset aswell and i have looked if the problem is my microphone but thats not it and i have uninstalled the realtek audio programm to see if that was the problem because it was updated i saw after the laptop was updated, but that wasnt the problem, the popping even got worse it seems, dont know if thats because of i deleted the realtek programm, but dont think so because my in and output is my microphone so i dont think the realtek audio has anything to do with recording etcetera.

So i hope you are able to help me so i can continue working on my music again soon.

Thanks,

S