Recording my voice and compare to the original

I am learning English by using mimic method。
I would like to record my voice sentence by sentence and compare them with the original sentence.

The “original track” does not have spaces between sentence for me to speak.
Example:
"Original sentence 1"“Original sentence 2"”“Original sentence 3"”.

I want to first play “original sentence1”, then record “my voice sentence1”. then i play the original sentence2,then record " my voice sentence2" and repeat the process until the end of the original track.

then the end result may look like this:
“Original sentence 1” “my voice sentence 1” “Original sentence 2” "my voice sentence 2""Original sentence 3"“my voice sentence 3” .

Thanks
julia

The “original track” does not have spaces between sentence for me to speak.

I think you’re too close to the problem. What you want seems easy, but it’s exactly the same jobs as making a radio show.

You have existing voices and nobody knows what the lengths and volumes are. You are going to live record into a microphone and need to adjust recording volume, start and stop times. You need to cut everything up into pieces so the pieces fit one behind the other.

A little music at the beginning and the end and you have a radio interview show.

Audacity has no idea what words are. Everything is just sounds. So a person (the Producer or the Editor) has to find the words by hand and do all those jobs.

Someone may have different ideas.

Sometimes people post with a description of a machine or service that already exists and is very expensive.

Koz

If there is a small gap between sentences it can be expanded to accomdate repetition by manually inserting silence,
or automatically extending silences using this Audacity plugin.

original track: “original sentence1” “original sentence2”(end of the track)

Here is what i do:

1. Tick the overdubbed in Preferences.
  2. Select “whole original sentence1”.
  3. Hit the red round button or press “R” key.
    the result is :
    My record track: “my voice sentence1”
  4. Select " whole original sentence2".
  5. Hit the red round button or press “R” key.
    the result:
    My record track: “my voice sentence1” “my voice sentence2”

it seems my record always starts from the end of the original track.

what I want may like this:
My record track: “my voice sentence1” “my voice sentence2”
or
My record track: “my voice sentence1”
My record track1 “my voice sentence2”

thanks
julia

To record on a new track, rather than from the end of the existing one, tick the “Record on a new track” box …

https: //manual.audacityteam.org/man/recording_preferences.html

thanks you Trebor.

Now I want to split my track into some new mp3 files,i have labeled them. There may be 40 labels in total this time.
and then I use File->Export->Export Multiple. Then A Dialog “Edit metadata tags” appears for every new mp3 files. I have to click ok many times (this case it is 40 times) until I set all metadata for all new files. I 'd like to know if there is a way to set the metadata once for all the new mp3 files, because all new mp3 files have the same metadata information.
Thanks
Julia.
无标题2.png
无标题1.png
无标题.png

You can choose not to have the metadata dialog appear when saving (exporting),
see … https : //manual.audacityteam.org/man/import_export_preferences.html

( An MP3 tag-editor program can batch-process audio-files to give them all the same metadata ).

Trebor , thank you so much. that’s great. This thing has been bothering me for a long time.