Midi sysex?

Does the audacity interface simply not support sysex messages to the midi device, or is there another way to do this in audacity? If it does not, it would be really helpful to be able to have audacity read a sysex system reset message between every midi, otherwise Audacity continues to play the next midi in sequence with all the same settings previously leftover from the first midi.

I was surprised Audacity would play MIDI at all given it’s not a sound format.

Does the audacity interface simply not support sysex messages to the midi device

That’s my guess.

Koz

Audacity has had midi functions for over a year now.

What makes you think that?
I can see that Audacity supports bank selection, program change, volume, pan and other standard controllers. What messages are in your MID file that are not being sent?

When I run a midi with the system reset for my MT-32 or SC-55 (i.e. setting everything back to default), this does not do anything in Audacity. This is definitely needed to be done between each midi. Otherwise, even if midis are on separate tracks, Audacity understands them all as one super long midi, and does not realize that they are separate. Therefore, for example, the second midi will retain all the leftover information from the previous midi, such as panning, etc.

Andrew

Please post a short example MID file.

Was Audacity ever updated to read MIDI sysex messages?

MIDI support in Audacity is unchanged since my last post.