Detach at Silences - Silence level

Audacity 2.1.2 on Windows 10

I edit an RPG podcast, so it has several (usually 4 or 5) tracks. I’m looking for a way to automatically ‘Split Cut’ silences so that I just have the audio portions and can freely shift them around.
‘Detach at Silences’ does exactly what I need, however it will only remove absolute silence. Is there a way that I can set a silence level so that ‘Detach at Silences’ it will remove any portions of audio below that level? It would make my life so much easier and probably reduce my edit time by a couple of hours.
Alternatively, perhaps there is a way to automatically silence any audio below a certain level so that the default ‘Detach at Silences’ works.
If there isn’t a way to do either of these things, does anyone know of a plugin that might, or another method that would give me these results?

You could use this Noise Gate plug-in to silence the low level audio: https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Effect_Plug-ins#Noise_Gate
and then use “Detach at Silences”.

Steve, I love you. This works perfectly, I just need to work out the levels to use for each track, but you’ve just saved me so much time.
Thanks.