converting casette tapes to CDs

I am using a Behringer UCA202 converter connected to my tape deck and USB port on my lap top that has Windows 10 installed. When I go into Systems , Sound, Input device, I click on Micro (USB Audio Codec), device properties , advanced,1 channel 16 Bit CD comes up, and I scroll to 2 channel 16 bit CD or tape recorde rand click on apply or OK, I get a message that this choice is already being used in another application( I don’t know of any other appliction). And when i start my tape playing and conversion, in Audacity 2.2.2, I don’t get stereo , but the same figures on both channels. How do I get a stereo conversion?

Can you provide a Screen shot of what you are seeing ?

I get a message that this choice is already being used in another application( I don’t know of any other appliction).

Look for check-box that says [u]Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device[/u] and make sure it’s un-checked.

Thanks DVDDoug for getting back to me. I tired your recommendation, but it did not work. Although I Advanced from 1 channel CD to 2 channel and unchecked as you recommended, after I restarted my laptop the Advanced reading again was for 1 channel CD with exclusive mode checked.

Solved my problem! But why my method works, i don’t know. Instead of using Windows 10 System, I used Cortanna and scrolled down to the search box and entered Control Panel. Got a screen that looks different than System in 10, but clicked on Sound , saw my input device, went into Device Properties, Advanced, clicked on the 2 channel selection and finally OK. Did not get the usual This Device is being used by another application. Tried making a tape conversion with Audacity using a casette with know distinct 2 channels and did get them in Audacity!