Large distortion on every and every track

Hi guys,

I’ve got a big issue with my audacity.

Last year I started recording with it and a focusrite 2i4 interface. At first I installed Ableton lite wich came with the focusrite interface, but I looked too complicated so I went for Audacity instead.

As soon as I started recording I had a loud distortion on the track (see attached file), no mater the mic or the input I would use. The weird thing is, if I would open Ableton and close it, it would work perfectly. So I used this method for a year because I had to record an EP and I didn’t want to deal with it.

But I dont need Ablton and it’s taking a lot of room. So I removed it. Boom ! the problem is back !

I thaught that maybe it was a hardware problem so I send it back to thoman, they check it and said it was perfectly fine. Then I checked with focusrite, they had me do a bunch of test and told me it was a software problem.

So I went back to my old trick with Ableton but it’s really annoying. I have to start Audacity, then shut it down, then start Ableton etc… I’d like my Audacity to work normaly.

So I would be great, really great if someone could help me :slight_smile:

I’ve got a big issue with my audacity.

Which three-number Audacity might that be?

see attached file

I don’t see an attached file.

Koz

Make sure [u]Windows “enhancements”[/u] are turned-off.

Are you using Skype? It’s been a long time since I’ve heard about this, but Skype used to mess-up the audio settings. Maybe Skype (or some other program) is messing-up the settings the same way Ableton is fixing the settings?