Problem with multitrack recording

Hello,

I am using Audacity 2.1.3 with a Behringer UMC404HD external sound module using it’s latest driver (4.38.0).
I wish to record 4 tracks simultanously, but when I switch host for WASAPI, the recording options are LineIn 1-2, and LineIn 3-4, both of which give me only 1 or two channels for recording. No host can give me the option to record with 4 channels.
An attached file is enclosed. Used Help → Generate support data → Audio Device info.
As you can see, no recording device can give me 4 channels.

What settings can I change to solve this problem?

Best regards.
audacity audio device log.txt (6.95 KB)

:frowning: Everybody seems to have trouble multi-tracking with Audacity. I’ve never tried it…

In case you haven’t found this already - [u]Audacity Multichannel Recording[/u]

But realistically, you’ll probably have better luck with a “real” multichannel DAW. The Behringer website says:

Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc.

[u]CakeWalk[/u] is now free! REAPER is $60 USD and it’s powerful & flexible.

A full DAW is more complicated than a “little audio editor” like Audacity but it’s more appropriate for multi-track recording & mixing.

I’ve been having this problem as well, any help anyone can offer would be great.

It’s a common cheat to say in big letters “MULTI CHANNEL” when in fact, the interface mounts as multiple stereo devices, two in this case. Audacity will only record from one device.

I know of no way to work around that if the driver doesn’t support it. Did you dig in the driver instructions?

Audacity will record multiple tracks, but not from every multi-channel device.

you’ll probably have better luck with a “real” multichannel DAW.

Koz