Blue Snowball microphone stoppd working with Audacity.

I’m running Windows 10, it was just updated earlier this week and today is when I first noticed the problem, the microphone worked fine last week when recording. I’ve made sure all input/output settings are correct, the microphone is being recognized by my system, I just updated Audacity to version 2.2.? newest version today in an attempt to fix issue with no success. I tried updating the mic drivers, they’re current, And restarting the audio devices over and over to no success. I can hear it working through the listen option in audio devices so I know the mic is working, but it will not record, I just tried it in OBS to see and no audio was recorded even though I could clearly hear me talking through it and coming through my speakers while having the listen option on. I would really rather not spend money on a new microphone only to find out it’s having the same issue, I’ve gone through every tutorial I could find and tried everything, I really dont know whats going on here.

I am having the exact same issue. Last week my CAD microphone was working perfectly fine with Windows 10 and Audacity, but this past week after some updates to 10, nothing works now. System recognizes that the mic is plugged in, but it won’t work with Google Hangouts, or Audacity. Plugged it into my wife’s computer that runs 7, and it works perfectly fine with everything.

I just found out what might be causing our issues.

“Microphone not detected anymore? Sound settings or features not working? Check Settings > Privacy Microphone and test if “Let apps use my microphone” resolves the issue.”

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/05/01/all-the-issues-of-windows-10-version-1803-you-may-run-into/

I did that and now everything is working right as rain again.

Maybe a Windows update has disabled your USB mic ?, (can be recognized but disabled) ,
if so you can enable it in Windows recording devices …
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-enable-all-recording-devices-in-windows