How to lag a record

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
Ylantron
Operating System: Windows 10

How to lag a record

Post by Ylantron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello everybody! I've tried to search this everywhere but the research always shown me problems on computer freezing or crashing or how to fix record delays. I actually want to add them in a record, like if pc is freezing. If you need an example for what i'm trying to do I put a wav in the attachments as an example. Can I do this with Audacity? If not is there a program out there that can do it?
Attachments
lag_attachment.wav
(958.45 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Trebor
Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: How to lag a record

Post by Trebor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Ylantron wrote:...Can I do this with Audacity? If not is there a program out there that can do it?
The magic words are glitch & stutter . There are glitch plugins or you can manually repeat a short section of audio

Ylantron
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: How to lag a record

Post by Ylantron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm

it seems that the repeat effect is doing is job although i would have preferred some easier methods. thank you