Extend Silences

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.
steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Extend Silences

Post by steve » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am

eg_lim wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 am
Attachments
ESTeR.ny
nyquist plug-in version 4 of ExtendSilenceThenRepeat.ny
There appears to be a minor calculation error in this version. For practical purposes it is not noticeable, but when using with the default settings, the silences are about 20 ms too long.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

eg_lim
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by eg_lim » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Thank you for the review.

For about 10 second audio(3 tones with 3 silences) with the same calculation results(seg-list), I tried sim and simrep instead of seqrep and got no additional silences successfully.
But, unfortunately, codes using sim or simrep never ends for my 23 minutes language audio file which has more than 300 sentences.

Actually, I can't use sim, simrep, at-abs, cue, extract-abs, and abs-env well together even though I've tried some combinations. I think I've spent too much time.
To make this plug-in perfect seems beyond my current knowlege about Audacity and nyquist.

I'm enough happy already because I can make my own training audio files now and I have been more familiar with lisp.

Thank you, steve.

steve
Site Admin

Post by steve » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:45 pm

eg_lim wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 pm
Actually, I can't use sim, simrep, at-abs, cue, extract-abs, and abs-env well together even though I've tried some combinations. I think I've spent too much time.
Considering that this type of effect is quite difficult to get right, you've done very well getting it to work so well.

If I get time, I'll see if I can fix that minor inaccuracy and post the result back here. I suspect that it is just a counting error, but it may be best for me to restructure the original plug-in a bit for it to handle the repeats more elegantly.

Dman883

Post by Dman883 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Great plugin, but it suffers from the same limitations as truncate silence in that it doesn't have an upper and lower value length setting. Does anyone know of any silence extenders that allow you to specify a minimum and maximum silence length? Example: Extend silence length Min: .4 Max: .7 Meaning extend only silence with a length that falls between .4 and .7 seconds or whatever length you supply.

steve
Site Admin

Post by steve » Fri May 24, 2019 2:43 pm

Dman883 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 pm
Does anyone know of any silence extenders that allow you to specify a minimum and maximum silence length?
No, but you could modify "ExtendSilence.ny" from this post: viewtopic.php?p=247774#p247774

Probably the easiest way would be, at line 110, when you have grabbed the list of silences, loop through the list and copy all of the entries where the length of the silence is less than the required max length.

zoumerela

Post by zoumerela » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Hey, I am doing a language learning audio book and needed a solution to extend my pauses between phrases, wihtout actually having to pause my speech while recording and wait in front of the mic counting seconds in my mind. :D I tried to manually extend the silences myself on Audacity after the recording, but with so many phrases this took me ages. This little plugin worked wonders. It extended all the silences with one click. Whoever the author is, thank you so much, you saved my life!