Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.
Robert J. H.
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Robert J. H. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Starkiller2 wrote:Steve Daulton's Vocal Remover (which inverts one channel and mixes the two as mono) works.
Not sure what you mean by "classic setting".

I'm also waiting for 2.1.1 to come out
It has just been released, it seems.
http://audacityteam.org/

Robert

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Posts: 25981
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Gale Andrews » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Robert J. H. wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:Steve Daulton's Vocal Remover (which inverts one channel and mixes the two as mono) works.
Not sure what you mean by "classic setting".
It is the Action choice "Remove Center Classic: Mono".


Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

Starkiller2
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:45 am
Operating System: Please select

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Starkiller2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:44 pm

It is the Action choice "Remove Center Classic: Mono".
There's no such option. Only "Remove Vocals" and "View Help"

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Posts: 25981
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Gale Andrews » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Starkiller2 wrote:
It is the Action choice "Remove Center Classic: Mono".
There's no such option. Only "Remove Vocals" and "View Help"
Then you are not using the Vocal Reduction and Isolation Effect. Get it here vocalrediso.ny.

See here for how to install Nyquist plugins on Linux: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Downl ... ns#install.

Then choose Effect > Vocal Reduction and Isolation... .

What versions of Ubuntu and Linux Mint exactly are you using? Where did you obtain Audacity 2.1.0?


Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

Robert J. H.
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Robert J. H. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Gale Andrews wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
It is the Action choice "Remove Center Classic: Mono".
There's no such option. Only "Remove Vocals" and "View Help"
Then you are not using the Vocal Reduction and Isolation Effect. Get it here vocalrediso.ny.

See here for how to install Nyquist plugins on Linux: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Downl ... ns#install.

Then choose Effect > Vocal Reduction and Isolation... .

What versions of Ubuntu and Linux Mint exactly are you using? Where did you obtain Audacity 2.1.0?


Gale
Sorry Starkiller, my fault.
The classic option has been prepared for the release version only.

No need to download it separately as you're going to try out 2.1.1 anyways.

Robert

Starkiller2
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:45 am
Operating System: Please select

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Starkiller2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks for pointing out Robert

Gale, I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 and Mint 17.1.
I got Audacity 2.1.0 from "ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/audacity". I tried to compile it myself it but after 2 hours of waiting I got an error and gave up.

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Posts: 25981
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Gale Andrews » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:32 pm

steve wrote:
Robert J. H. wrote:I hope that one with a Linux system (e.g. Steve) can redo the test and confirm that it is a Linux problem.
Testing with This is the result:
result.flac
In short, it works fine here.
The above works for me on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit in Audacity 2.1.1 RC3 using that specific vocalrediso.ny from the Forum or the shipped vocalrediso.ny (I am not sure if there is a difference between the two).

In 2.1.0 release on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit (the same build and environment that Starkiller has), those two vocalrediso.ny files appear to process the audio but leave it unmodified. But on Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit using 2.1.0 release, the vocals are almost entirely removed (so it works correctly).

Does vocalrediso.ny depend only on Nyquist 4 which was first supported in Audacity 2.1.0, or on Audacity 2.1.1?


Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

steve
Site Admin
Posts: 49424
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:43 am
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by steve » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:00 am

Gale Andrews wrote:Does vocalrediso.ny depend only on Nyquist 4 which was first supported in Audacity 2.1.0, or on Audacity 2.1.1?
It worked fine for me with Audacity 2.1.0 alpha Feb 8th,
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Posts: 25981
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Gale Andrews » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:58 am

steve wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:Does vocalrediso.ny depend only on Nyquist 4 which was first supported in Audacity 2.1.0, or on Audacity 2.1.1?
It worked fine for me with Audacity 2.1.0 alpha Feb 8th,
Presumably a 32-bit system, though?

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Posts: 25981
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 am
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Karaoke, Rotation, Panning & more

Post by Gale Andrews » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 am

Starkiller2 wrote:I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 and Mint 17.1.
I got Audacity 2.1.0 from "ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/audacity". I tried to compile it myself it but after 2 hours of waiting I got an error and gave up.
Do you find as I did on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 that vocalrediso.ny does not work in Audacity 2.1.0?

If so you could try compiling the 2.1.1 source tarball ( http://audacityteam.org/download/source ) on Ubuntu 14.04.

If you do so it may be best to first uninstall the packaged Audacity 2.0.5 version if you have that, and to uninstall the Ubuntu handbook PPA.

Before ./configure and make to build the 2.1.1 tarball, run:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get build-dep audacity
and:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install cmake 

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

Post Reply