Punch Copy/Paste

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.
freqs
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Punch Copy/Paste

Post by freqs » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am

Hi Steve, first want to say massive thank you for the plugins! just getting started in audiobook editing and it has seriously been a lifesaver, I could not imagine editing without it. I have found that I often need to paste in specific amounts of time in my work for example 0.5s, 1s, 1.5 second in situations where there is a larger break or between sections, and often wish there was a way to quickly paste a specific duration of room tone . I was wondering if you or anyone had implemented such a plugin/s. Ideally it work like this : punch copy into scratch, multiple key bindings/effects to paste defineable durations. had a look into the .ny file but I a no programmer and lisp/nyquist is currently beyond my grasp.

Cheers!

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 am

freqs wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 am
I have found that I often need to paste in specific amounts of time in my work for example 0.5s, 1s, 1.5 second in situations where there is a larger break or between sections,
Just delete the excess space.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

junglespirit

Post by junglespirit » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:34 pm

Thank you, is this nyquist plug-in still available. I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Thanks again.

steve
Site Admin

Post by steve » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:01 pm

junglespirit wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:34 pm
Thank you, is this nyquist plug-in still available. I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Thanks again.
Yes they are both still available (two plug-ins). See the first post in this thread.

junglespirit

Post by junglespirit » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:24 pm

thank you Steve

Cindy
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina or later

Post by Cindy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi there - okay I've tried everything several times, updated my macOS: to Big Sur, updated the latest version of Audacity - still getting the same issue. Trying to dl and apply the additional plug in's for this, and have also dl FFmpeg. When I dl the punchpaste.ny and punchcopy.ny and then click to open it - I get a window that states: "Audacity did not recognize the type of file - then Try Installing FFmpeg. For uncompressed files, also try File > Import > Raw Data.
So I have dl and installed FFmpeg successfully, have re-booted afterwards etc. And I still get the same message when I click on the punchcopy.ny file, so then I tried File-Import-Raw Data and was able to open the file in Audacity this way - however it just appears as a track, with an air pop sound. I've checked preferences, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much in advance!

steve
Site Admin

Post by steve » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

Cindy wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:45 pm
When I dl the punchpaste.ny and punchcopy.ny and then click to open it
These are "Nyquist plug-ins". You do not "open" them, you need to "install" them, and then "enable" them in Audacity.
Instructions for macOS are here: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/ins ... st_install

Ensure that you read the instructions in the first post of this topic before using these plug-ins.