Chorus Effect

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.
steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Chorus Effect

Post by steve » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:51 pm

I was intending to upload this to the wiki today, but have discovered a minor bug.
(the "maxdelay" is exceeded by the "vardelay" in some cases, which is unintentional and does not produce the intended effect. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rbd/doc/nyquist/ ... l#index692)
Also noted that in the later version, the "Voice Variance" does not quite work correctly, and playing with this effect with a fresh perspective, I miss not having a "Stereo Width" control.
The effect could also do with updating to a version 4 plug-in, so all in all I've decided to rework this effect.

Eventually I'd be very keen to see a built-in Chorus effect as it's considered by many (including myself) to be one of the 'standard set' of electronic musical effects (along with Eq. Reverb, Delay, Echo, etc.) With over 3600 downloads of the experimental version in the first post, there is clearly a demand.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)