Updated De-Clicker and new De-esser for speech

Share your Audacity/Nyquist plug-ins here, or test drive the latest plug-ins submitted by Audacity users.

After testing a plug-in from this forum, please post feedback for the plug-in author.
planetlizz
Operating System: OS X 10.7 Lion

Re: Updated De-Clicker and new De-esser for speech

Post by planetlizz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:42 am

Aloha...I downloaded DeClicker.php (bc thats the way it was offered to me, even using "SAVE AS". Once it was on my mac, i right-clicked "Info" and Changed the extension from DeClicker.php to DeClicker.ny and tossed it in the Aud Plugins folder. Seems to be processing the file though its a 24-min file and has 30:49 to go. Doesnt resolve the problem but SEEMS to give access to the plugin.

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 am

You would probably have received help quicker if you posted on the Mac board (viewforum.php?f=47)

It's a well known issue that Macs do not like files to have unknown file extensions, and the ".NY" file extension of Nyquist plug-ins is not widely recognised (it is specific to Audacity). Macs will frequently add a known file extension in these cases, so we often hear of Mac users running into problems because macOS has changed the file extension from ".NY" to ".TXT".

In your case, the extension ".PHP" adds a new twist to the story, but basically the same issue of macOS trying too hard to help you.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

blinkyblinky
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by blinkyblinky » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:56 am

I've just started using the de-clicker and it's cleaning up my voice recordings, but unfortunately it's also de-clicking the ends of words such as "said" and "it" etc. I don't really understand the settings - what settings (if any) would reduce this? Or, for example, is there some way to set the plugin so as not to de-click if the click is followed by a length of silence (i.e. at the end of sentences)?

tah
Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Post by tah » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 am

@blinkyblinky: Can you post sample where it is de-clicking the ends of words, along with your plug-in settings and your audacity version/platform?

blinkyblinky
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by blinkyblinky » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:37 am

Hi tah, thanks for replying. I will do when I get time. Just to be clear, it's de-clicking the "duh" and "tuh" sounds at the ends of words like "said" and "pit", etc. It's not so noticeable in the middle of phrases, but very noticeable at the ends of phrases. It's clearly treating them as clicks, which they are really - but necessary clicks. I can't see how this could be avoided unless there could be some instruction in the program not to declick if the click is followed by a short silence. I read about the settings, but as I often find with many settings in plugins, the descriptions of the settings are rather brief and difficult to understand.