Problem with Nyquist

Hi. A couple of weeks ago, I installed Audacity. It worked perfectly for few days, but later, when I tried to access, I get this message “Critical Nyquist files could not be found. Nyquist effects will not work”. And that´s it… I have to use force quit every time, because the software doesn´t respond. I have uninstalled,and re-installed again, but the problem remains. Any solution? Should I install another version? I use Mac 10.6.8. Thanks!

Are you on an Intel machine or an older Power PC?

Apple (upper left) > About This Mac > Processor.

Koz

You are trying to run Audacity from the dmg file. That won’t work properly, Audacity must be installed according to these instructions: Installation: Do NOT run Audacity from the DMG!!!!

Steve and Kozikowski,

From the forum in spanish, I had a reply from Gale. I don´t know why, but if I move the Audacity icon to Applications (according to the instructions), it doesn´t work. I have to run the software from the Audacity file. I tried 3 times, opening it from Applications and I get the same problem. It´s strange but it works just from Audacity file. Anyway, it´s good to know that the problem has been fixed!.
I appreciate your replies and help.
Many thanks!

K.

if I move the Audacity icon to Applications (according to the instructions), it doesn´t work.

Right. Because the instructions are to move the Audacity folder into Applications, then open the application inside that.

Koz