Scroll bars on Nyquist text output window

If Nyquist outputs text and there is too much to fit on screen, it would be preferable if the window had scroll bars rather than just going off screen.
It would be nice if it was also resizeable and could do word wrap.

This is in addition to the feature request for HTML links as it would be useful for plug-ins that generate data (for example analysis plug-ins).

+1 for html links.
In addition to providing more space for help text, they would make the help file independent of the plug-in, so that it could be updated or added to as required.

I’m not sure about scroll bars (I particularly hate horizontal scrolling), but +1 for a resizeable window with word wrap.

POL

My preference would be for html links as that would allow html, plain text, or other common formats to be used and they would open in the users default application for the file type. However, there could be a difficulty in linking to a local help file as the default plug-in folder location is different on different platforms. I wonder if the developers can find a solution to this.

Perhaps it would require using some sort of “tag” in the plug-in code that instructs Audacity to generate the appropriate link.

Perhaps a link that goes to the named file in the plug-ins folder (or a “plug-ins-doc” sub folder) and if not found uses a web URL as a fall-back and if that is not found?

Perhaps the plug-in could have html code at the bottom of the script within special tags that is read as an html document. For example, something like:

;nyquist plug-in
;version 4
;type process
;categories "http://lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core#"
;doctype "local-doc, http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Name"
;name "Name..."
;action "Processing ..."
;info "Demo plug-in"

;control help "Show Help" choice "No,Local Help File,On-line Help" 0
(case help
  (1 (documentation 0)) ; predefined function that actions the first "doctype" option
  (2 (documentation 1)) ; action the second "doctype" option
  (T (

; plug-in code goes here
)))
;; End of Nyquist Code

(defun local-doc () ; this function is named as a "doctype" option
;format html
#|
<h1>Help File</h1>
<p>Help file in html format.</br>
The ";format html" comment tells Audacity to create html headers
and generate an html file using this content.</br>