Installing Nyquist Plug-ins

Hi,

I’m using Audacity 2.4.2 on Windows 10.

I want to use Noise Gate. The Manage Plug-ins screen indicates that Noise Gate is Enabled and that the Path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\plug-ins\noisegate.ny. (That file is indeed present in that location.) But the Effect Menu does not list NoiseGate. (The same is true of several other enabled plug-ins.) How do I get Noise Gate to show up in the Effect menu?

Thanks,

Abdty

Scroll down the Effect list further - Plug-ins are below the built-in effects.

Tip: (Windows only) Click on the Effect menu to open the list, then press the “N” key repeatedly until you get to **N**oise Gate.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, but it hasn’t helped!

Scrolling right down the Effects list gives me ‘Plug-in 1 to 1’ right at the bottom with a >. Hovering on the > gives me just one item: GSnap.

Clicking on the Effects menu and then hitting ‘N’ just takes me to Noise Reduction, then Normalize, then just toggles between those two.

More help required please…

Andy

Check that you haven’t disabled Nyquist plug-ins in the Audacity Preferences: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/effects_preferences.html

hi Steve,

Thanks. That’s done the trick. Don’t think I’d ever been on that bit of Preferences before!

Cheers,

Andy