how do I read private messages?

Hi,

There were private messages sent to me. I am now getting the following error message when trying to access them on this forum:

“Information
You are not authorised to read private messages.”

Can you please help me fix this?

Thanks

Your forum access has been temporarily limited due to several of your posts being reported to the moderators.
Rest assured that private messages remain private.

steve wrote:

Your forum access has been temporarily limited due to several of your posts
being reported to the moderators.
Rest assured that private messages remain private.

I had contacted the sysadmin by clicking on “Contact us” below. His suggestion was to “private message” a moderator. I told him that this was not possible as I am unable to both send and receive private messages on the forum. I have not heard back from him which is why this post is being made.

Thank you for your response, so now I ask:
What is the process to appeal “Board Warnings”?

By being a kind and helpful contributor to this online community. As your reputation grows, so does your access.

This forum has been helping Audacity users for nearly 15 years, and has done so by insisting on civil discourse, and a total ban on unauthorised advertising, trolling, and spamming. It is my hope that this forum continues to serve the Audacity community for many years to come.

This forum is not run by a corporation and there is no “appeal board”. It’s more like a family where we help and support each other.
Welcome :slight_smile: