New Forum Registration

Suggestions and Questions About the Forum Web Site.
Forum rules
ImagePost here only if the Forum isn't working as you would like or expect.

If you require help using Audacity, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
Keith Weisshar
Operating System: Windows 10

New Forum Registration

Post by Keith Weisshar » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm

I had to have my account activated manually via contact us link because I use outlook.com as my primary email for all of my online account. The admin sent me an email and I asked them why outlook.com was rejected and they said they migrated to a new IP and it takes time for them to trust the new IP. How long does that take? When did they migrate to a new IP?

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: New Forum Registration

Post by steve » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:59 pm

Keith Weisshar wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm
I had to have my account activated manually via contact us link because I use outlook.com as my primary email for all of my online account. The admin sent me an email and I asked them why outlook.com was rejected and they said they migrated to a new IP and it takes time for them to trust the new IP. How long does that take? When did they migrate to a new IP?
I don't have the details, so I've asked our System Administrator if he can cast some light on this. Please be aware that we are in different time zones so I won't be able to get back to you straight away.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

buanzo
Site Admin
Operating System: Please select

Post by buanzo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:05 pm

As I explained to the user over a long email conversation (which I have forwarded to Steve so he can have all the details), we migrated the infrastructure to the Cloud. No need to provide additional information.

And you are welcome, btw.

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks buanzo, I understand.
Keith Weisshar wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm
How long does that take?
Unfortunately we can't answer that, it depends on Outlook. If they were really on the ball they would have cleared it already, but obviously they haven't.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)