Contributing to the Wiki

Suggestions and Questions About the Forum Web Site.
Forum rules
ImagePost here only if the Forum isn't working as you would like or expect.

If you require help using Audacity, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
DragonHawk
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Contributing to the Wiki

Post by DragonHawk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am

1. D'oh. That was supposed to be https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Building_On_Windows

2. I most recently built 2.4.2 from source (with ASIO patch), but I can certainly try to document the process for the latest development code, too.

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:04 pm

DragonHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am
2. I most recently built 2.4.2 from source (with ASIO patch), but I can certainly try to document the process for the latest development code, too.
There are some big changes in the current development code, so I don't think it's worth spending a lot of time improving the documentation for what will soon be a "legacy version". The biggest difference is that the project format becomes a single file rather than an AUP and _data. There's some information about this in the alpha-manual: https://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/ma ... y_Projects

I'd suggest that you familiarise yourself with building the current development code first, then I'll introduce you to James. He's done most of the recent editing of that wiki page and I expect he'll be happy for someone else to take that over. I think he's also able to create wiki editor accounts.

A couple of useful resources for everyone working on Audacity documentation:
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

DragonHawk
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by DragonHawk » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:13 am

I'll take a look at the 3.x build process so I can at least have some clue what's going on.

The style guides seem reasonable, thanks for that.