Please note: Release candidates are not intended for production work, but experienced users are invited to help us test this pre-release version. Bug reports for RC1 may be posted to the Audacity Forum.
New to Audacity 2.2.0:
- Four Selectable themes provided, with new 'Light' theme as default, plus option to customize
- Many menu changes:
- Menus Reorganized
- Extended menu bar provided
- New keyboard commands for working with clips
- Help buttons [?] in Preferences, Effects, Generators and Analyzers - and other places
- Non-Greying out of effects when no selection (and explanatory dialog with help button)
- Playback of MIDI (and Allegro) files imported into Note Tracks is now available.
- 'Center' option in Selection Toolbar
- Stem plots
- Major overhaul to documentation/manual including many new images and streamlined text on landing pages for in-program help.
NOTE: Some unannounced release candidate versions were briefly available and downloaded before this date. They also identify themselves as version 2.2.0 in the welcome dialog, but they differ in build id.
The build id of this release candidate is 58f07d. This can be verified in the Windows and Mac binaries if you open the About Audacity… dialog, then select the Build Information tab, and scroll to the bottom.