Audacity 2.0.5 release candidate 2 available for testing

Forum-related announcements, polls, et al.
KeyserS
Operating System: Please select

Re: Audacity 2.0.5 release candidate 1 available for testing

Post by KeyserS » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:21 am

With RC1 the WDM-KS host does not appear anymore in the list of available devices on my computer whilst it was available with previous 2.0.5 alpha test builds 27-SEP-13 and 04-OCT-13.

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Gale Andrews » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 am

KeyserS wrote:With RC1 the WDM-KS host does not appear anymore in the list of available devices on my computer whilst it was available with previous 2.0.5 alpha test builds 27-SEP-13 and 04-OCT-13.
Thanks, that is correct. WDM-KS has been removed until it can be safely re-enabled.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

KeyserS

Re: Audacity 2.0.5 release candidate 2 available for testing

Post by KeyserS » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 am

Gale Andrews wrote:Release Candidate 2 builds for the upcoming Audacity 2.0.5 release are now available for testing:

Can you help us test one specific question. If you start Audacity, then press Record immediately, can you record what you are trying to record [...] ?
Yes, it works pretty fine to me although I'm on XP and using DirectShow.

Syncopator

Post by Syncopator » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:43 am

Gale Andrews wrote:
Syncopator wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:Release Candidate 1 builds for the upcoming Audacity 2.0.5 release are now available for testing:

Can you help us test one specific question. If you start Audacity, then press Record immediately, can you record what you are trying to record, or do you record silence or is there an error? If there is silence or an error, does selecting the same input in Device Toolbar solve the problem?
Just downloaded the test version. It isn't recording. However, the device selection boxes are greyed out.
Have you pressed the "Stop" button?

Please try running the installer again, but half-way through the installer, check (tick) the box that says "Reset Preferences". When you start Audacity, say "yes" to resetting Preferences.

If you still cannot record, please tell us what you are trying to record, and exactly what happens when you try to do so. If there is an error message, please tell us exactly what it says. Also choose Help > Audio Device Info..., right-click in the "Audio Device Info" window, choose "Select All", then hold CTRL and press C to copy. Then paste that information into your reply.

Thanks.

Gale

I uninstalled everything "Audacity" which I could find and then attempted to reinstall the test version again. The installation locked up towards the end. It wouldn't respond to closing/terminating; I had to reboot.

Sorry, I won't spend any more time wrestling with it. I shall wait until you have sorted it out.

waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Post by waxcylinder » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Gale, is this really RC2 - in the install process it's badged as RC1-2

Thanks,
Peter.
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Post by Gale Andrews » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Syncopator wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:
Syncopator wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:Release Candidate 1 builds for the upcoming Audacity 2.0.5 release are now available for testing:

Can you help us test one specific question. If you start Audacity, then press Record immediately, can you record what you are trying to record, or do you record silence or is there an error? If there is silence or an error, does selecting the same input in Device Toolbar solve the problem?
Just downloaded the test version. It isn't recording. However, the device selection boxes are greyed out.
Have you pressed the "Stop" button?

Please try running the installer again, but half-way through the installer, check (tick) the box that says "Reset Preferences". When you start Audacity, say "yes" to resetting Preferences.

If you still cannot record, please tell us what you are trying to record, and exactly what happens when you try to do so. If there is an error message, please tell us exactly what it says. Also choose Help > Audio Device Info..., right-click in the "Audio Device Info" window, choose "Select All", then hold CTRL and press C to copy. Then paste that information into your reply.

Thanks.

Gale
I uninstalled everything "Audacity" which I could find and then attempted to reinstall the test version again. The installation locked up towards the end. It wouldn't respond to closing/terminating; I had to reboot.

Sorry, I won't spend any more time wrestling with it. I shall wait until you have sorted it out.
Nothing to sort out as far as I can tell - 2.0.5rc2 installs over 2.0.5rc1 for me.

There was no need to "uninstall everything", just reinstall with "Reset Preferences" checked per the instructions above.

Are you sure you were logged in as admin? Do you have disk space or permission to install where you were trying to install to?

Forget about the installer for the moment. Use the zip of rc2 http://audacity.googlecode.com/files/au ... 0.5rc2.zip . Right-click over the zip and choose the option to extract. Run Audacity from the folder you extracted to. Let us know how you got on.

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Post by Gale Andrews » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:34 pm

waxcylinder wrote:Gale, is this really RC2 - in the install process it's badged as RC1-2

Thanks,
Peter.
I don't see "RC1-2" anywhere, just 2.0.5. Can you explain more or post a screenshot?

Gale

waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Post by waxcylinder » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Gale Andrews wrote:I don't see "RC1-2" anywhere, just 2.0.5. Can you explain more or post a screenshot?
RC1-2.png
RC1-2.png (18.71 KiB) Viewed 288 times
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Post by Gale Andrews » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:14 pm

waxcylinder wrote:
Gale Andrews wrote:I don't see "RC1-2" anywhere, just 2.0.5. Can you explain more or post a screenshot?
RC1-2.png
Windows stores the last installation directory, unless you uninstall that version.

So that is not under Audacity's control. If the last installation of Audacity was to an "Audacity is great" folder, that's what the Audacity installer will offer next time.

Gale

waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Post by waxcylinder » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Gale Andrews wrote:So that is not under Audacity's control. If the last installation of Audacity was to an "Audacity is great" folder, that's what the Audacity installer will offer next time.
Oops, I keep forgetting that (because I mainly install from the zips and not the exe) :oops: :roll: :oops: