Audacity 2.0.4 Release Candidate 1 for Mac OS X 10.4 +

Forum-related announcements, polls, et al.
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows 10

Audacity 2.0.4 Release Candidate 1 for Mac OS X 10.4 +

Post by Gale Andrews » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Please help us to test the below 2.0.4 Release Candidate 1 for OS X 10.4 and later. This is a test build to ensure that 2.0.4 to be released soon will be of high quality.

Downloads: ZIP
https://audacity.googlecode.com/files/a ... 0.4rc1.zip

or DMG
https://audacity.googlecode.com/files/a ... 0.4rc1.dmg

If you find any problems, please post in this topic. Please state what version of OS X you have, give us steps to reproduce the problem and give us the exact text of any error messages you receive.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

djblanch
Operating System: Please select

Re: Audacity 2.0.4 Release Candidate 1 for Mac OS X 10.4 +

Post by djblanch » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm running OSX 10.7.5 on a MacBook. I downloaded the latest build (quasi-2.0.4 candidate) and am having the same problems I was experiencing with 2.0.3: I'm unable to directly open sound files (either by dropping on the app or opening from the "File" menu), and there is no crash report generated. At Gale's suggestion, I made sure I tried files with simple names (short, no spaces or characters other than alpha) but still no luck. In 2.0.3 I was able to create a new file, add blank tracks, then import wav or mp3 (or other formats) into it; then I could work with and save/export the file as wav or mp3. But with the 2.0.4 even trying to import produces a crash. If I drag and drop, the program opens and gives me the option of recovering the "new" file from the last crash, but the dragged file does not open, and if I try to open it from the "File" menu, I get a crash with no report generated. There must be something conflicting, but I have no idea what, so any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated. I was not able to find anything by searching the forum that addressed the troubles I'm experiencing. I suspect this is not directly related to the _latest_ build, but there was a newly added problem in the 2.0.4 candidate, so I thought I'd post anyway.

Dave B.

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Audacity 2.0.4 Release Candidate 1 for Mac OS X 10.4 +

Post by Gale Andrews » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:55 am

________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual