We are very pleased to announce the release of Audacity version 2.3.0 for Windows and macOS, which you can download via the Audacity website.
Audacity 2.3.0 replaces all previous versions except for Audacity 2.2.2 on Linux.
For this version we have fixed over 90 bugs and added some exciting new features;
Headline new features:
- Punch and Roll editing
- Play-at-Speed now can be adjusted whilst playing.
- Macros (formerly 'Chains') substantially extended.
- Toolbars controlling volume and speed can now be resized for greater precision.
- Added a new Tools menu and a new Save Project Menu.
- Pinned-play-head can now be re-positioned by dragging.
Note for Linux users:
The current version for Linux is Audacity 2.2.2
Audacity 2.3.0 for Linux is considered "experimental" and has some unresolved issues. In particular, real-time preview effects will crash, so cannot be used. More information for Linux users will be announced on the Linux forum board.