High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Effects, Recipes, Interfacing with other software, etc.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by MrXGA » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 am

Hi,I'm new in this forum. My question is:in Virtual DJ there are two types of filtering for some audio effects such as "Filter" and "TK Filter". In your software instead exist "High Pass Filter" and "Low Pass Filter". But I wanted to know if it exists as for the "Sliding Time And Pitch", also a plugin for the "Sliding of High to Low Pass and from Low to High Pass". If this plugin were to exist, then I would have solved this problem because it is very difficult to find a plugin like this in other audio editors. I await an answer, thank you.
MrXGA
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 am
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 am

MrXGA wrote:"Sliding Time And Pitch"

See: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/slid ... shift.html

MrXGA wrote: also a plugin for the "Sliding of High to Low Pass and from Low to High Pass"

There are some time varying filters here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyqui ... _.28LFO.29
and here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyqui ... _.28LFO.29
Installation instructions here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Downl ... ns#install

These filters are "Nyquist plug-ins", and as such it is possible to modify them. See: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyqui ... _Reference
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 46809
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:43 am
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by MrXGA » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Maybe I have not explained well. When I meant by "Sliding from High to Low Pitch and from Low to High Pitch",I meant as a filter type in the style of "Cross Fade In / Out". In short, what I mean is a kind of mode ranging from "Mute", then to "Low Pass Filter", until normal, as a Cross Fade In, and then the opposite but up to Cross Fade Out, or from "Mute "; then to" High Pass Filter ", until normal, and everything contrary to Cross Fade Out. So you know what I wanted. I will see if there is a plugin of this type.
MrXGA
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 am
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 pm

MrXGA wrote:In short, what I mean is a kind of mode ranging from "Mute", then to "Low Pass Filter", until normal,...
I will see if there is a plugin of this type.

I expect you will draw a blank on that, so I've made one.

Installation instructions are as per the previous link.

This plug-in is totally new, so you have just volunteered to be the official tester for it :-)
First rule of testing: Don't work on anything important without a good backup.

I think the controls should be fairly self explanatory, but do ask if you have questions.
Some of the results may seem surprising.
I think the "linear" transition tends to sound better with the low pass filter and the "exponential" transition better with the high pass filter, but let me know what you think.
I've not tried doing a cross-fade with it, but I'd guess it will sound quite weird.

For a "fade in", use either "Low Pass" and "Low to High" or "High Pass" and "High to Low". For "fade out", it's the other two combinations.

filterfade.ny
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 46809
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:43 am
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 pm

steve wrote:This plug-in is totally new, so you have just volunteered to be the official tester for it :-)
filterfade.ny (1.36 KiB)

The FilterFade plug-in works for me. Compression may be necessary after FilterFade to maintain volume ...
FilterFade, low-pass low to high, then high-pass low to high , (then compression).mp3
"exponential transition" used in both applications of FilterFade
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Trebor
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:22 pm
Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by MrXGA » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

It works! This is a beta test,but it works! Thanks! ;) :D
MrXGA
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 am
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 pm

MrXGA wrote:It works!

Of course it works :mrgreen:

This is where you say what's good about it, what's not so good, what's useful, what's not so useful, what settings work best for you. what settings you find useless, and any other suggestions so that it can be as good as possible before we upload it to the plug-in collection on the wiki (http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Downl ... st_Plugins)
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 46809
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:43 am
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by Crooner617 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:26 pm

steve wrote:
MrXGA wrote:In short, what I mean is a kind of mode ranging from "Mute", then to "Low Pass Filter", until normal,...
I will see if there is a plugin of this type.

I expect you will draw a blank on that, so I've made one.

Installation instructions are as per the previous link.

This plug-in is totally new, so you have just volunteered to be the official tester for it :-)
First rule of testing: Don't work on anything important without a good backup.

I think the controls should be fairly self explanatory, but do ask if you have questions.
Some of the results may seem surprising.
I think the "linear" transition tends to sound better with the low pass filter and the "exponential" transition better with the high pass filter, but let me know what you think.
I've not tried doing a cross-fade with it, but I'd guess it will sound quite weird.

For a "fade in", use either "Low Pass" and "Low to High" or "High Pass" and "High to Low". For "fade out", it's the other two combinations.

filterfade.ny


Hello, AF/Steve. I've spent days working with codes in Audacity and trying to learn things for myself before bothering anyone, but I can't figure out how to implement your "filterfade.ny" info. I apologize for being so green. This is most likely just needing a basic understanding of entering code, I imagine. Is this simply code to copy and paste into the Nyquist Prompt? I'm brand new to Audacity/DAWs and appreciate this thread and everyone's time. This Low to High/High to Low pass filter ability is exactly what I've been searching for/variations of that order. I create most of my effects and sampled sounds without much use of the computer so this will probably be the last time I ever bother anyone on here. I've spent days on this forum and I'm very impressed with the posts by admins and users.
Crooner617
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 pm
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 am

Crooner617 wrote:Is this simply code to copy and paste into the Nyquist Prompt?

You "could" run the code in the Nyquist Prompt. To do so, you would need to open the file in a Plain Text Editor (such as NotePad++ if you are on Windows), the copy and paste the code from the file into the Nyquist Prompt.

However, the intended way is to download the .NY file and install it as a plug-in. The effect will then appear in the bottom section of the Effect menu as "Filter Fade..."

To install Nyquist plug-ins on Windows, see: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/inst ... st_install
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 46809
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:43 am
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: High-Low Pass Slider Filter

Permanent link to this post Posted by Crooner617 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:24 pm

steve wrote:download the .NY file and install it as a plug-in. The effect will then appear in the bottom section of the Effect menu as "Filter Fade..."


Thank you, Steve! I've got it up and running and understand now. "So simple, yet so brilliant" - Bob Wiley
Crooner617
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 pm
Operating System: Windows 10


Return to Audio Processing



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests