SoundCloud and Iphone question

Effects, Recipes, Interfacing with other software, etc.
Forum rules
If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
landphil
Operating System: Windows 10 / 11

SoundCloud and Iphone question

Post by landphil » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 am

If I go on the soundcloud app on my phone under listening history is this amazing track but if you look it up it doesn't exist. Online it doesn't even exist even in my listening history except on the listening history on my soundcloud app on my iPhone. With Audacity or without do you know of anyway to get my hands on that beat. Like able to download it or record it without just playing it outloud. Or be able to stream it into a recording on audacity. Yes I have already contacted the creator but I have not received a response and it has been a long time. Thanks- Audacity User

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: SoundCloud and Iphone question

Post by steve » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 am

If your computer has a "line level" input (often color coded light blue on full size PCs) the you could connect the headphone out from your iPhone to the line in on your computer with a suitable audio cable, and record it that way. This is unlikely to provide good results if your computer only has a "mic" input and no "line" input as the headphone signal is likely to overload the input (and could irreparably damage the input).
Learn more about Nyquist programming at audionyq.com

Trebor
Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Post by Trebor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 am

landphil wrote:... Like able to download it or record it without just playing it outloud ...
Google search "SoundCloud Downloader".

adamcloud
Operating System: Windows 8 or 8.1

Post by adamcloud » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:58 am

Trebor wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 am
landphil wrote:... Like able to download it or record it without just playing it outloud ...
Google search "SoundCloud Downloader".
Can I download Soundcloud playlists?