ZoomH4n/H4nPro Adding Mp3 Files......

Hi can anyone after a suggestion please?
I both have the ZoomH4n and H4nPro and want to add mp3 music files to play back but what seems to happen is after each file is played it runs onto the next file and not stopping after each track.

Is there a way around this from happening please?
Many thanks
Rob

At the same time, or one after the other?
How are you doing that?

Played how? In the Zoom? In Windows Media Player?

Should it stop?

Is Audacity involved in this somewhere?

Hi as I said,

I added the files onto the SD Card to play back in the Zoom Recorders
Audacity is involved when I had to alter the pitch key then exported…

Sorry but I still don’t understand what the problem is that you are trying to describe, or what this has to do with Audacity.

Ile re-explain.

I transferred some MP3 Music onto my ZoomH4n Recorder to play back through headphones.
The Only edit I did to the mp3 files was to change the pitch then export as mp3 and save to my desktop.
Now when I transferred the files and played them back rather than the track ending like it should and the recorder stops, it would then run onto the other tracks.

How do I stop the recorder from running onto the next tracks?

Did you import multiple MP3 files into Audacity and export as one long MP3 file?

No just the one.

How much music? How many files and how long were they?

“files” (plural)

???

Sorry but I still can’t picture what you did, what you expected to happen, or what actually happened.
Perhaps I’d understand if you described step by step what I need to do to reproduce the problem.

On page 95/96 section 4-02 Playback in the H4n manual, it says to:

1. Press the Menu button
  2. By adjusting and then pressing the Thumb Wheel, select “PLAY MODE”
  3. By adjusting and then pressing the Thumb Wheel, select “PLAY ALL” instead of “PLAY ONE”
  4. Press the play button.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

I have the same problem with the H4n Pro. It plays files in sequence but doesn’t stop after each file.

I have the same problem with the H4n Pro. It plays files in sequence but doesn’t stop after each file. I did some research, and this seems to be a problem with the H4n series. If you read the manual, it does say that it will play in sequence. I’m just not sure why Zoom has this feature when it is so slow. Anyway, one of my friends advised me to use [advertising link deleted]. Thus I downloaded the MP3 without any problems. Since that time, I have started to use this platform more often, all good so far.