Old "Noise removal function" in newer versions of Audacity?

Hi,

Are there plans to bring back the Noise removal function in newer versions of Audacity? I really miss it. I know that I am not “supposed to need it” and more advice from experienced sound engineers.
But it just worked so well for me!!! So well in fact that I am currently using Audacity 2.0.5 just to keep it.
I know this is almost sacrilege to some, but as a narrator in my studio, I always use the same settings and treat all files pretty much the same. I works for me - and my customers - and that’s all I really care about.

But staying with Audacity 2.0.5 can’t be a long term solution where operating systems change all the time.
So please - will someone bring back the noise removal button??? I simply can’t mimic the settings to use in the Nose reduction instead.
I’d really hate to have to use a lot of time to change to a different recording software or to figure out what else to do. For me that’s all just a waste.

Regards,
Grete

There are no plans to do so. It is very unlikely that there will ever be plans to do so unless someone can show an example where the old Noise Removal works better than the new Noise Reduction. In all tests so far, the new version works as well or better than the old version. On the other hand, we would like to improve the interface for the new effect to make it easier to use.

Perhaps we can help. What settings do you use in “Noise Removal”?

Have you tried these settings (these are the defaults in the soon to be released Audacity 2.1.2):