Timer At Bottom Of Audacity Soundboard

I record a Podcast each week then publish it after editing it. My issue and question revolves around the timer at the bottom of the screen. My podcast is 30 minutes. However, I normally record longer than that then go back and edit the podcast down to the 30 minutes. Is there a way on the timer that it can be set with the total amount of time I used for a particular recording so that it will count down backwards as I edit things out? It would help to know how much more time I need to delete in order to get to my allotted time of 30 minutes.

Thanks for any help you can share with me.

tngolfer

In a word, no.

The Time Toolbar

displays the current audio position. When Audacity is not Playing or Recording, this will be either the current cursor position or the beginning of the current selection if present…

However, I believe the Selection Toolbar can show you what you need to know. Simply press Ctrl+A. This of course will change your current selection. There may be some tricks you can play with Ctrl+B to mark/label your current selection or with Ctrl+Z Ctrl+Y. I will leave that up to you. :wink: