This is my best guess for a location to post about the availability of this script. If it would work better somewhere else, please let me know.
I have written a python script that helps with some of the process of ripping a vinyl album to do "export multiple" in Audacity. The way it works is as follows:
- Record an album with Audacity (all sides, one recording).
- Find the album's track list on discogs.com
- Run this python script. It scans the track list and generates two files: the labels text file, and the tags XML template file for the album.
- Import the labels file into Audacity, and fine tune the label positioning as needed.
- Import the tags file to the Audacity metadata editor, and verify that they are correct.
I wrote this because I inherited a large pile of vinyl records, and wanted to rip several of them to a more portable format. It's available on GitHub as https://github.com/ScottCh1/vinyl-ripper-helper.
It works pretty well! However, I have noticed that a small percentage of the track list pages on Discogs have errors. I've been adding error correction as I go along. If anyone is interested in trying this out and would like to help improve it, please read the CONTRIBUTING document.
Please share this info with other people who use Audacity to rip vinyl or tape, if you're willing.
Thanks, Scott C.