Best Python Courses for Audio Basis Application

Audio software developers forum.
Forum rules
If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
palak231
Operating System: Windows 10 / 11

Best Python Courses for Audio Basis Application

Post by palak231 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am

Hi this is Palak Sharma,
I am in third year of my engineering, I observe Audacity platform which I think is pretty good, you have mentioned lots of technical aspects here. Secondly I have to ask only one thing, as my interest is in programming language I want to make an App. which can help me to make application like this as well as other, therefore I want to know which Python courses I should take for this.
Can anyone guide me on this.
I am waiting for your response.
Thanks

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Best Python Courses for Audio Basis Application

Post by steve » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:05 am

palak231 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am
Can anyone guide me on this.
This is a community forum for Audacity. We can help with using Audacity. Education / Career advice is beyond the scope (off-topic) of this forum.
palak231 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:03 am
I want to make an App. which can help me to make application like this as well as other, therefore I want to know which Python courses I should take for this.
If you want to make an app like Audacity, it would be better to learn a language like C / C++ rather than an interpreted language like Python, but as a third year engineering student I'd have thought that you would know that. Audacity is mostly written in C++.

I suspect that it would be possible to write an audio editor in Python, though doing so poses many challenges due to the fact that Python typically runs a hundred times slower than C/C++. You would almost certainly need to use numpy, and probably use techniques from modern "big data analysis", so some aspect of "Data Science" might be a suitable course, but I'm not a Career Advisor.
Learn more about Nyquist programming at audionyq.com