FFMPEG

is there a way to use a newer FFMPEG? maybe 64bit?
I do import and export large audio files from my cam, around 5-6h lenght through FFMPEG and this is SLOOOOW as hell, the only working is v2.2.2 (32bit I guess?)
is there a chance to upgrade ffmpeg to newer or 64bit, maybe it would help me to speed up things

Unfortunately, updates to FFmpeg frequently break compatibility with earlier versions, which then requires substantial work from the Audacity developers to fix, and means that everyone updating Audacity will also have to reinstall FFmpeg. Consequently, the Audacity developers are not keen on updating Audacity’s FFmpeg very often.

One way round this problem is to use Audacity’s command line export option. This should work for any version of FFmpeg: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/exporting_to_an_external_program.html

hi, i wish to convert my mp4 video to wav or aiff format as specified by audacity

and later, i wish to use this video to be posted in udemy lectures

inorder to edit my video, audacity requires me to convert my mp4 video on my desktop file to wav or aiff file so as to remove the distortion sound found in my video

may i know how do i go about doing it

Audacity isn’t a video editor, it’s an audio editor. To edit a video you will need to use a video editor.

If you wish to edit the audio only part of the video and the place that audio back into the video:

1. In your video editor application, “export” the audio track as a WAV file.
  2. Import the WAV file into Audacity, edit it as required, and export as a WAV file with a new and unique file name.
  3. Import the edited file into your video editor application, and save (export) the modified video.

hi

can you give a few examples of commonly used video editor which i can use
is filmora wondershare a commonly used video editor which can convert or export the audio file format to a wav file format

thanks

Windows Movie Maker is the obvious one.
For Windows 7, see: Redirecting

There are also several other free video editors.
filmora is NOT free, despite their aggressive marketing to imply that it is.

hi, i have 2 question

i have completed editing to the audio i imported to audacity and now is exporting it to my video editor to be converted into a video file

but when i opened movie maker and try to click the file, which i believed is wav file, into the video editor movie maker, my files could not be located in my pictures or videos and whats more the files in movie maker only shows videos and phots

may i know how should i import the completed audio file into the video editor and then save it or export it into a video file thanks
the last part

when i try to remove noise reduction, there is a get noise profile first to be edited

if from the start to finish, there is no space or sample sound of noise or distortion, the entire video is just my speaking from start to finish, and it cosist fully of waves high waves of my speaking from start to finsih how do i get a sample of the noise distortion from the audio i imput into audacity
to input to get the noise profile first

thanks

Sorry but we are not able to offer support for other people’s software. I don’t use Windows Movie Maker, and rarely use Windows at all. Try searching on Google - that’s what I’d do.

audacity is great in editing but with big audio files around +3h from my cam it works pretty slow, when I scroll audio file (from left to right) audacity freeze (for about 5-20sec) HDD loads are about 5-8mb/s

working on SSD is much more smooth but you know… I’d kill my SSD within a year because audacity create 30-40gb file from my 500mb audio file which is craaaazy

oh one more thing I wish there was a feature to add/remove buttons and add feature to configure mouse events like wheel those pre-configured are useless for me

I would suggest working on current active projects on the SSD - and then archive finished or temporarily un-worked on projects to a large hard drive (my HP PC has onboard am SSD C: drive with 256GB and a D: HD with 1TB - thus making it a good tool for Audacity working)

WC

Probably not.

There’s an interesting article starts here: Introducing the SSD Endurance Experiment - The Tech Report
and results after 600 TB of writes are here: The SSD Endurance Experiment: Data retention after 600TB - The Tech Report
If you write a full 30 GB project, twenty times per day, 7 days per week (600 GB per day), your drive could reasonably be expected to last 1000 days = 2.7+ years. In practice, if your drive has sufficient space to avoid overwriting the same memory locations too often, it could last many times longer. Are you expecting to be working intensively on Audacity projects, 7 days per week, 365 days per year? The primary benefit of SSDs is that they speed up disk-bound processes, which is exactly what audio / video processing applications benefit most from.