how to create static build with audacity 1.2.6?

Building and customizing Audacity from the source code.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Permanent link to this post Posted by NEXT » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to create a static build of Audacity 1.2.6 so that I can run it on a recent version of Ubuntu. I've been able to successfully build Audacity 1.2.6 by compiling it on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 running inside of a virtual machine. However, I've checked the output of ./configure --help, and I can't find any options referring to static compilation. I think that in recent Audacity versions, one can use ./configure --enable-static to perform a static build, but I'm not sure whether this would also work on Audacity 1.2.6.

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer as to how I can accomplish this. Thanks,
NEXT

Operating System: Please select

Re: how to create static build with audacity 1.2.6?

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:07 pm

There is no technical support for Audacity 1.2.6 any longer. It is long obsolete. ;)

For what purpose do you want to run 1.2.6? There may be a better solution than trying to force a native Linux Audacity 1.2.6 to run on modern Ubuntu. Why not just run 1.2.6 in the Dapper virtual machine?

If you must do it, a quicker solution may be to install Wine and then install the Windows version of Audacity 1.2.6 from http://www.oldfoss.com/Audacity.html.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Compiling Audacity