How to Remove the hardcoded maximum of 1000000 Hz for SRC

Building and customizing Audacity from the source code.

If you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

How to Remove the hardcoded maximum of 1000000 Hz for SRC

Permanent link to this post Posted by Noirceur » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Hello from France. Sorry for my bad english.

For scientific purpose. I want to upsampling audio to very high sample rate using the Resampler menu option in audacity (and not mix and render option). But i can't write value superior at 1 000 000Hz, audacity say my "incorrect value"

I know the filter resampling work fine with all sample rate.

How to Remove the hardcoded maximum of 1000000 Hz ? A member say me its very simple, but note I'm not a programmer, have never code too.

I'm on Mac, I have download "wxWidgets-3.0.2 2" but i'm completely lost, i don't know what i must do for using it and mod Audaity code for what i want.

Thanks for reading me.
Noirceur

Operating System: Please select

Re: How to Remove the hardcoded maximum of 1000000 Hz for SR

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:57 pm

You may have a long wait. Scientists have trouble with Audacity because it's not a WAV or Mathematics editor. It's a sound editor. If you can't hear your work, that doesn't seem a good fit for us.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by Noirceur » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 pm

I know but Audacity can already do what i want, but with mix an render option. I go back to 44,1 after all my processing for listen and it work good. I want to do this whit "resampler" because the resampling work better (it take 2x long time than "mix and render" with sample rate changed to process)

I just want remove the limite sample rate output in resampler menu, i think is not really complicated.
Noirceur

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:32 am

Noirceur wrote:I just want remove the limite sample rate output in resampler menu, i think is not really complicated.

Build wxWidgets first, then build Audacity, without modifying it. This is the best way if you are a beginner. Look at this file in the Audacity source code: audacity/mac/Build.txt. That file tells you how to build wxWidgets and Audacity.

When you have successfully built Audacity, then we can tell you what to change in src/Menus.cpp.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Compiling Audacity