Building a small wxWidgets library (linux)

Has anyone worked out a definitive list of the feature options that can be safely disabled in the Audacity-modified wxWidgets 3.1.3 libraries? In a mood of idle curiosity, I tried to compile a minimalist version using the suggested list of unnecessary features given in the instruction document: wxWidgets/docs/gtk/install.md . In retrospect, this might have been naive.

In any event, the make process rapidly blows up due to a variety of unmet requirements apparently set elsewhere in the config files, things like wxUSE_MIMETYPE, wxJoystick, wxUSE_SVG, usw. I had kind of thought the install.md document might have been specifically tailored for building wxWidgets for use with Audacity, but maybe it’s an artifact from earlier times.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone had ever worked out the minimal configuration for use with Audacity.

I was building this under Fedora linux (33) if that matters.

tnx

Audacity needs:

libwx_baseu-3.1.so
libwx_baseu_net-3.1.so
libwx_baseu_xml-3.1.so
libwx_gtk2u_core-3.1.so
libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.so
libwx_gtk2u_qa-3.1.so
suil_x11.so
suil_x11_in_gtk2.so
suil_x11_in_gtk3.so

The total size of these shared object files is about 14.3 MB.

These are built automatically when Audacity is configured with:

-Daudacity_use_wxwidgets=local

On Ubuntu 18.04, I generally build Audacity with:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -Daudacity_use_ffmpeg=loaded -Daudacity_use_wxwidgets=local ..
make -j8

or for a debug build:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -Daudacity_use_ffmpeg=loaded -Daudacity_use_wxwidgets=local ..
make -j8