Install from makefile fails after a while.

I’m getting an error while installing the makefile:

libtool: link: cannot find the library ../lib-src/FileDialog/libFileDialog.la' or unhandled argument …/lib-src/FileDialog/libFileDialog.la’
make[1]: *** [Makefile:2594: audacity] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/poison-monkey/audacity_build/audacity-minsrc-2.3.3/build/src’
make: *** [Makefile:811: install-recursive] Error 1

I’m running Ubuntu 19.10 and I followed the instructions from Building Audacity 2.3.3 on Debian / Ubuntu I downloaded the file audacity-minsrc-2.3.3.tar.xz from the fosshub link in the post and unpacked it. I installed the prerequisites (some of which were already installed) using:

sudo apt install build-essential cmake gcc-7 libsndfile1 libasound2-dev libgtk2.0-dev gettext libid3tag0-dev libmad0-dev libsoundtouch-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libflac-dev libmp3lame0 libwxgtk3.0

I created the build folder and navigated to it, then ran the given configure command with all release features enabled. It failed with an error saying that it was missing the ffmpeg library, so I installed that with

sudo apt install libavformat-dev

I then successfully reran the configure. I then built the file with make, then followed the instructions to also build mod-script-pipe. I then navigated back to ~/audacity_build/audacity-minsrc-2.3.3/build and ran:

sudo make install

After a few minutes of output the install failed with the error message from the beginning of this post. I ran make distclean in preparation to retry the installation, but decided to check here first. Did I miss something? I thought I followed everything exactly. I’m hoping to use Audacity for some scripting purposes, so the mod-script-pipe is important to me.

At that point, (when “make” has completed), there should be a file in the build folder called “audacity”. Is there?

If there is, then you should be able to launch it with the command:

./audacity

Does Audacity launch?

After clearing and building everything a second time it shows up and I can install properly, and mod-script-pipe shows up in Preferences. I’m not sure what went wrong last time but I probably shouldn’t have been up so late working on this. Thanks for the quick reply.