Zoom Gesture not Working The Same

Using Windows 10 version 20H2; build 19042.867; Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
HP Omen 15dc0051nr; trackpad: Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver version 19.5.35.47
Just upgraded to Audacity 3.0.0 because my previous version (don’t know which it was anymore) wasn’t zooming smoothly. It used to be super precise and easy and smooth, and now it only zooms in large jerky useless increments. I updated Audacity as a troubleshooting measure, no luck. I tried rolling back my touchpad drivers first as well. Also no luck. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know it this would change anything, but have you tried creating a shortcut on your desktop and starting Audacity from the shortcut? Modifying the shortcut to reduce colors or screen resolution could potentially speed things up.

Also note that other tasks running on your machine could slow be slowing it down.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

No, starting from a shortcut makes no difference. The issue has nothing to do with the speed of my system, I’m running an i7 Intel 8th gen with 32GB of ram. It’s not laggy, it’s the increments of the zoom. They used to be imperceptibly small, hence I used to get extremely smooth zooming with just ctrl+2 finger zoom gesture which is extremely useful for podcast editing when I need to home in on something briefly then zoom back out to continue listening. BUT NOW I have to drag my fingers from top to bottom just to get one gigantic zoom increment, which as you can imagine is completely useless. Is no one else having this problem?

Quick follow up, I checked the HP Omen Synaptics Touchpad driver list and I went 2 steps back from the most up to date driver (19.5.35.47 Rev.A) to 19.5.10.68 Rev.B and now everything is gravy. Just in case anyone else is having this problem, now you know!

Thanks for sharing this report. :smiley: