Yeti Blue Pro mic issues in Audacity SOLVED- REMOVED

post removed. (couldn’t find any other way).

removed.

I don’t know where you got that from, but it’s not in the Audacity documentation and I’ve never had to do that.

The Audacity documentation does recommend setting the sample rate in Windows and in Audacity so that they are the same, and does recommend trying different buffer sizes if you get clicks in recording.

Pleased to hear that you found a solution that works with your setup. Hopefully, if others find your solution helps them, they will post a reply to say so.

thanks for your reply

that part is most likely incidental.

but in this case, I don’t want to confuse the users with non-Audacity recommendations, so will remove this post.

It would have been perfectly OK to leave the rest of your solution, as it worked for you, and may have worked for others.

As you’ve already deleted the posts, I’ll leave this link to the relevant section of the Audacity manual:
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_recording_troubleshooting.html#skips

The part that most probably made the difference for you was:

Increase the default “Buffer length” setting of 100 milliseconds in Devices Preferences.

Slightly off-topic, but I also agreed with your other comment that for high quality stereo MP3, it’s best to use 160 kbps or higher.