Windows 7 & Audacity 2.1.2

I completely uninstalled Audacity,FFmpeg,Lame all & removed residual files also through powerful scan & removed programes suspected to have link with ffmpeg like eac3to. Searched for any folder or files named ffmpeg after uninstall.Ensured nothing left over. Reloaded Audacity, followed in letter & spirit including left click everything as per Audacity manual & your reply, ensured path is empty & loaded both ffmpeg & lame exe files for windows & run but below is the log.

Checked the log myself. Suspected it is trying to check path.Hence after adding the location to path again relaunched Audacity. No use.More than 15 times till date ,all exercises I have done. I’m not so what to say … not to understand manuals & procedures.Please let me answer while lame is loaded why not ffmpeg.As per manual I follow same process.It is only an execution file normally gets loaded in c drive Program files location & run.

Anyhow I have given the log after fed up.If possible give some alternate solution than to follow manual

19:36:36: Audacity 2.1.2
19:36:36: Trying to load FFmpeg libraries...
19:36:36: mLibAVFormatPath ('C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll') is not empty. Loading from it.
19:36:36: Looking up PATH environment variable...
19:36:36: PATH = 'C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter\Driver;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Programe Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\'
19:36:36: Checking that 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity' is in PATH...
19:36:36: Warning: FFmpeg directory 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity' is not in PATH.
19:36:36: Temporarily prepending ';C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity' to PATH...
19:36:36: Checking for monolithic avformat from 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll' (error 127: the specified procedure could not be found.)
19:36:36: Loading avutil from ''.
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load shared library '.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
19:36:36: Loading avcodec from ''.
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load shared library '.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
19:36:36: Loading avformat from 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll' (error 127: the specified procedure could not be found.)
19:36:36: Returning PATH to previous setting...
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load FFmpeg libraries.
19:36:36: Trying to load FFmpeg libraries from default path, 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: PATH = 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter\Driver;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\'
19:36:36: Checking that 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity' is in PATH...
19:36:36: FFmpeg directory is in PATH.
19:36:36: Checking for monolithic avformat from 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: Loading avformat from 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: Trying to load FFmpeg libraries from system paths. File name is 'avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: PATH = 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter\Driver;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\'
19:36:36: Checking that '' is in PATH...
19:36:36: FFmpeg directory is in PATH.
19:36:36: Checking for monolithic avformat from 'avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load shared library 'avformat-55.dll' (error 127: the specified procedure could not be found.)
19:36:36: Loading avformat from 'avformat-55.dll'.
19:36:36: Error: Failed to load shared library 'avformat-55.dll' (error 127: the specified procedure could not be found.)
19:36:36: Error: Failed to find compatible FFmpeg libraries.
19:36:42: Attempting to load LAME from system search paths
19:36:42: Loading LAME from lame_enc.dll
19:36:42: Error: Failed to load shared library 'lame_enc.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
19:36:42: load failed
19:36:42: Attempting to load LAME from builtin path
19:36:42: LAME registry key exists.
19:36:42: Library path is: C:\Program Files\Lame For Audacity
19:36:42: Loading LAME from C:\Program Files\Lame For Audacity\lame_enc.dll
19:36:42: Actual LAME path C:\Program Files\Lame For Audacity\lame_enc.dll
19:36:[/42: LAME library successfully loaded

Added as 3 attachments contents of FFMPEG for Audacity folder
Licence 2.PNG

FFMPEG Folder.PNG

PATH = 'C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter\Driver;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Programe Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\'

Notice the final entry;

C:\Programe Files\FFmpeg for Audacity\

Are you using an English version of Windows? Where did the “e” at the end of “Programe” come from?

If you want to use the export commands that have “(FFmpeg)” after them, that requires loading DLL files that have names starting with “av”. Therefore if conflicting DLL files are the problem, you should search for av* and not ffmpeg.

That is not correct. The normal FFmpeg exports require loading of DLL files, as above.

I already did. As I said, export using (external program) and type out the export command you need, starting with the path to FFmpeg. This does use ffmpeg.exe. See Audacity Manual for some examples. Please read all that page to understand how command-line export works.

Exactly what do you want to export with FFmpeg? Six-channel AAC files?

As Steve said, you have an item in your PATH "C:\Programe Files\FFmpeg for Audacity". I don’t think that should be the problem, but obviously that is a typo and redundant. I recommend you remove that item from PATH.

Gale

Your screenshot looks OK. That location must be “C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity” (the normal location you install applications to), not “Programe Files”.

Two other things you could try.

You could try exiting Audacity, uninstall FFmpeg, delete audacity.cfg then install FFmpeg to the folder where you have Audacity installed. I don’t see why that should make any difference, but it might help.

The only other thing you could try is to install the x86 version of Dependency Walker. This might let us see if there is something missing on your Windows system that prevents the DLL’s being loaded. Drag the installed “avformat-55.dll” into Dependency Walker and File > Save the DWI file. Repeat for “avcodec-55.dll” and “avutil-52.dll” and save those two DWI files. Zip up the three DWI files and post the zip file on Dropbox or your favourite storage service.

Gale

The first suggestion of deleting Audacity cfg file,uninstaling ffmpeg, reinstalling & relaunching Audacity did not work.In Path also I changed the spell mistake.Still no result.

dll files while loading into Depends showed some error or warning message. As you said I have converted those as zip files & shared vide below link.Try to look into it & give me a solution. I hope this study & solution will put a full stop for all issues.

http://www.filedropper.com/avcodec-55
http://www.filedropper.com/avformat-55
http://www.filedropper.com/avutil-52

No-one except you is reporting issues. You should not have added entries to PATH. You should remove all paths to FFmpeg from PATH unless other software put them there.

As I already said twice now, you can use your ffmpeg.exe and export at the command-line using (external program). If you tell us exactly what format you want to export to, we can give you the command to type.

Have you now installed FFmpeg to “C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity”? If you install FFmpeg anywhere else, Audacity will not automatically see FFmpeg. You will then have to use the “Locate” button in Libraries Preferences and browse.

Or you can install FFmpeg to the folder where you installed Audacity. Did you do that, as I suggested?

I am not an expert but the only potential problem I see there is the warning for C:\windows\system32\SHLWAPI.DLL. I would open a terminal - Windows Start, type “cmd.exe” (without quotes) then in the search result, click “cmd.exe”. Type the following:

sfc /scannow

then hit ENTER. This will repair missing or corrupted system files.

Note: If you receive “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them”, see http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files.

Gale

1. No one except me is reporting the issue. I do not have an answer for this. I’m reporting because I have this issue. My usage of Audacity is for 5.1 surround files & I have clearly mentioned my requirements. Probably others may be using for stereo files or some other requirement.So my problem may be unique.I don’t know.

I should not add to PATH as per you. First I did not add it in PATH. Since not recognised I tried that route. Now again removed as per your instruction. No use.

1. For what format I want export, nothing secret in it. Simple 5.1 wav & ac3 format.Doing it externally no thrill. If Audacity is capable I want it to do.

2. Have you installed ffmpeg in right location? I think very basic question. All the times installed both Audacity & ffmpeg & lame at C:\Program Files which you have seen in error log.

Whether you install in same location or try to locate through ‘LOCATE’ Audacity refuses to see it.

Apart from above all

1. I tried to read .dll error files from depends log I have uploaded to you, removed those dll files, downloaded new dll files & added in its original ffmpeg location. No use. Tried to add in Windows\ System32 location as suggested in net. No use.

2. As you have suspected, I also suspecting error in windows system files, re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, starting from zero loaded Audacity,ffmpeg,lame etc.,. No use.

Used sfc/scannow thro’ cmd.exe suspecting some corruption in system files before your suggestion. Absolutely system report came clean. OK

1. For trial purpose I downloaded some other version of ffmpeg shared version from Zeranoe & on installing showed not re -cognised in cmd.exe screen when called for ffmpeg version. I purposely did this to check. Afterwards as per their instruction added it to PATH. Asked to list out the version in cmd.exe & enclosed the same as png file. After listing out the version I checked for proper loading of all library files calling in same cmd.exe for codecs. Listed out all files as properly loaded & also functioning beautifully as standalone software.

But this also on locate not join hands with Audacity.

So it is clear it is not ffmpeg issue or dll issue or system files issue but only some issue with Audacity. My simple question lame is recognized.Why not ffmpeg? I follow all steps as per Audacity manual.Tried all ways and means as mentioned in manual even by loading library files seperately. All 3 dll files.

Is there any way out? All these days I had been doing only all these.Somehow I wanted Audacity to recognize ffmpeg. I feel exhausted.
ffmpeg.PNG

The latest Zeranoe builds listed at https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ are too recent for loading from Audacity’s Libraries Preferences.

You can export 5.1 AC3 from Audacity if you choose (external program) and point the export command to the ffmpeg.exe from those Zeranoe builds (or to any other ffmpeg.exe).

Or you can export from Audacity as 5.1 WAV (which does not require FFmpeg) then use the FFmpeg standalone to convert that WAV to AC3. You seem to say that you know how to do that.

Gale

In Audacity where & how to choose external program?

See Audacity Manual.

Include

-acodec ac3

in your command.

Gale