Older versions of Audacity used the EQcurves.xml files, but the old EQ effect did not support Macros. It was updated in line with other effects a couple of years a go to use the pluginsettings.cfg and now supports Macros.
placed it into the same folder as my existing EQcurves.xml file, renamed the ‘old’ one, and then renamed the new one as EQCurves.xml.
Then I thought I properly used the XML to TXT converter like the yellow box specified. I then closed & restarted Audacity. But I didn’t see any new effects listed under “Manage” (in the Graphic EQ dialog box). EQCurves (Kragoth mid 2019 compilation).xml (215 KB)
(I never created a new XML file directly – I just twiddled the sliders in the effect dialog box, and saved several different ones. It ended up in the config file previously mentioned. Until I downloaded the new XML file from this forum as referenced above, I only had the one that must have been part of the original installation of Audacity. I renamed the old one, as one does, and renamed the new one with the old one’s name.)
There’s just one curve in that file, which was the last used curve.
Here’s two versions of that curve, one for the Graphic EQ effect and one for the Filter Curve EQ effect: GraphicEq.txt (8.08 KB) FilterCurve.txt (8.08 KB)
To import the curve in either effect, click on the “Manage” button, then “Import”, then select the appropriate TXT file.
Note that the imported curve is NOT automatically saved as a new preset. If you want to retain it you need to “Manage button > Save Preset” and give it a name.