What is going on with my playback

Suddenly I can barely hear my voice on playback , though the recording showed all was going well?

This happened to me–the sound was very faint. I updated, restarted, all that stuff. Now I can kind of hear–possibly even enough to edit when I turn the volume up to 100 percent. But it is still quiet though the sound meter seems normal. The headphones work fine on YouTube videos, so it’s not that.

Good to know I’m not the only one. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution to this issue. I am using Audacity 3.4.2 on Winows 10.

okay, so I figured it out for me.

Go up to the green dancing lights that show the sound level. If you hover over it it will tell you the playback level. Mine was at 20 percent (which made editing almost doable). I clicked on the scale and it went to playback level being 100 percent.

So yay for me. Hope it works for you!

In my case, I just uninstalled and reinstalled Audacity, and it now works! It was the only thing which worked, as both my recording and playback levels were already at 100%. So I keep my fingers crossed that this annoying issue does not happen again.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.